Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Week Four

So I've been trying to think of what I would want to post about for this weeks blog post. I don't do a lot of surfing on sites relating to things other than art and art supplies and even those are places that I have been able to visit much recently with my class schedule.

There is one thing that I have found interesting recently that should allow me to expound for the minimum numbers of words, though I know that isn't and should be the main focus. Here goes.

With the increasing price of gas, food, and pretty much everything under the sun, I am finding fewer and fewer people that tend to have cable, satellite TV, or pretty much any sort of provider that gives them anything more than the internet and a land line (and even the land line is extremely rare). There are however - or maybe its just because I now have no money or no brain power and thus time to kill to be able to manage to write things that make sense - an increase in sites other than YouTube that offers television programs to people that either live in a country other than where the program runs, or somewhere financially where people can't afford to have cable.

Some people, like myself, do it because I also don't like to hassle with the commercials that air between the shows. I've found that after being able to watch programs online at a couple different sites, that I get the shows that I want to watch when I am able to watch them. Now there are still shows that I pay for, since I like the clean quality of the iTunes versions, as well as the fact that I'll always have access to them, but those are also worth the cost since I don't have to worry about commercials.

So hopefully that all makes sense, since I just sort of went on a long winded cirlce without meaning to, but now I have to go to the dentist or decide what I want to do about it, so I'm out.

Sites to try if you want to see shows and movies on a college kids budget?
Try Here
And Here

2 comments:

linzjub said...

As a busy person, i rarely get the chance to catch shows on tv, so its nice to watch it on my computer later. I love sites where I can catch my favorite shows online such as abc.com or msn's arrested development site, but here at North Central, if you live on campus, unfortunately you can only watch about 30min of an online video before you go over your broadband limit. So i tend to go over my limit frequently hence making my connection slower. Such a bummer :(

Steve Macek said...

Interesting. The fact that so many young people are watching TV shows online (either legally or in pirated versions) is scaring away TV advertisers and is one of the reasons the networks are losing revenue and turning to "product placement" in shows to make ends meet.